Saturday, November 12, 2011

Personal Interest

Well, it took me forever to figure out what to blog about this time. I sat and sat...and I thought to myself, what am I actually interested in artistically? I couldn't think of a single thing. And, then my friend was like, "Well, what do you consider art? Does it have to be visual? I mean, we all know how interested you are in music. I consider music an art form." That comment here really made me think. Yes. Music is DEFINITELY an art form. So. I found my blog content[: Music. Well. Guitars in particular. I love, love, love guitars. They are so beautiful, in every way possible. I would love to play. I do...kind of. Haha. I don't even know how to explain why I love them so much. I have many dream guitars...like Fenders, and Gibsons....Strats. 
Both of these guitars are from Billie Joe Armstrong, my hero from the band Green Day. Billie Joe writes almost all of his own music, and what he doesn't write, he writes with his other band members. I am so inspired by his writing. In my artwork, and my writing. Just the guitar going through my head, and the beautiful voice of Billie Joe, with the bass pounding in the background, drums beating with my heart, and al the while images are flashing through my mind, and words going through my head, and I just have to have a pen or pencil, and my sketchbook, or a lined piece of paper, and let it all out.    

1 comment:

  1. Well written. I think this is an excellent point of view that maybe many have not considered.

    ReplyDelete