Saturday, November 19, 2011



Okay, so, while pondering on what to blog about, I traipsed back through alot of other peoples blogs. I happened to stumble across Alecs. I am really inspired by his blogs, and his artwork. Anyways. Back to my real blog, lol, xD My little brother, Noah is now getting into the stage where he's starting to read a bit more. He's actually quite adorable, he's a pic of him, 

So, he's starting read all of the books I read as a child. I read all the time. Trust me. 
And, he's started to read Junie B. Jones. This was the first childrens book series I read by myself. 
Going back through it now, with the knowledge I have gained since i last read the, I realize how much of a masterpiece those books were, or, well, are. I absolutely love those books, and all of the artwork in them. I love how Junie B. has so many facial expressions, and she's so lively in the pictures, so funny. It really brings the books to life, especially when your a four year old reading a 3rd grade level book. 






The colors she uses for these pictures are so amazing. I love the uses of the colored pencils and watercolors. She is an amazing artist, and writer, and poet. I miss being able to sit down and grab an old, thumbed Junie B. Jones book, and curl up at the feet of my ol'Dane, Dana, and my shepherd curled into my side. Course. I can still do that...but not really with a Junie B. Book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment